As a young adult, and Detroit native, I was blessed with the opportunity to give back to my community through participating in youth mentorships and counseling programs. My experiences working within urban communities helped set me on this career path. With 5 years of counseling experience (and 5+ years in informal counseling environments), I am committed to helping people transform their lives and relationships through strength-based therapeutic interventions.
Currently, I specialize in: women’s issues, family conflict, and sexual trauma. I have worked with clients of diverse backgrounds, age groups, and economic status. Having worked with such a diverse clientele, I am able to provide a culturally sensitive and relatable therapeutic approach. My therapeutic approach is unique to the individual. My goal is to empower clients to help find and utilize their own innate qualities to make transformative decisions to help improve their lives.
My professional background experience involved assisting children, youth, and families through trauma – utilizing Trauma Focused Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (TFCBT). I also have experience providing Applied Behavioral Analysis (ABA) for children with: autism, cognitive impairments, or developmental delays.
I enjoy: dancing, drawing, reading, and studying ethnography.
- Master of Social Work (MSW), University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Bachelor of Art in Sociology, University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, MI
- Pastoral Ministry, Rhema Bible College, Broken Arrow, OK
- Evangelism Ministry, Rhema Bible College, Broken Arrow, OK
- National Association of Social Workers (NASW)
- Association of Black Social Workers (ABSW)
- Limited Licensed Master of Social Work (LLMSW) State of Michigan